About SpayGeorgia Certificates
- SpayGeorgia provides low-cost spay/neuter certificates at an affordable price.
- This program is intended for people who need partial financial assistance in order to have their own pets spayed or neutered. While SpayGeorgia is a low-cost program, it is not a free program.
- The goal of this program is to reduce the number of unwanted animals. By having your pet spayed or neutered, you are acting responsibly as part of the solution to the tragedy of pet overpopulation.
- Each spay/neuter certificate covers the cost of routine spay/neuter surgery, including preparation for surgery, anesthesia, the spay/neuter procedure, routine hospitalization as required, and removal of stitches if necessary. Vaccinations, testing for diseases, deworming, and all other medical procedures are not covered by the certificate and you are responsible for payment for these services.
- Most vet clinics require vaccinations to be current in order to spay or neuter pets; check on requirements and prices at the selected vet clinic before you make an appointment.
How to Obtain a Certificate
- Please email us at email@example.com or use the form below.
- We will email the information packet containing our guidelines, certificate prices, participating vets, and an order form to you. If the information is not in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- If you do not have email, please call us at 800-706-7081 and leave your name and address and we will send the packet to you via U.S. Mail.
- You will receive an order form, price list, and a list of participating veterinary clinics in the mail.
- Complete the order form and return it to SpayGeorgia along with your payment.
- You will receive your low-cost certificate, which you can redeem at any participating veterinary clinic.
- Please consider donating $3.00 to cover the cost of postage and handling for your certificate.
- OR a donation of $25.00 or more entitles you to a one-year membership.
- Membership includes a quarterly newsletter, notices of member meetings, and information on volunteer opportunities.
- Contributions are strictly voluntary and are tax-deductible.
Using Your Certificate
Please observe the following guidelines when using your certificate(s).
- Make an appointment for spaying or neutering only with a veterinarian who is on the list that is included with your certificate(s).
- When you call for your appointment, ask what vaccinations the clinic requires in order to perform the surgery. If your pet is not current on these vaccinations, find out how much the clinic charges for these vaccinations.
- When you arrive at the vet clinic for your appointment, present the spay/neuter certificate to the receptionist, as well as proof that your pet is current on any required vaccinations (if applicable).
- Certificates become void six months after the date of issue.
- Veterinarians may decline to provide services to a pet due to its medical condition.
- Veterinary clinics may assess an additional fee to spay a pet if she is pregnant or in heat. They may also assess a fee for large dogs. You are responsible for paying these fees, if applicable.
- SpayGeorgia’s certificates cannot be combined with any other spay/neuter certificates, coupons, or discounts.
Please call 800-706-7081 if you have other questions about our certificates.
All information will be emailed unless specifically requested to be mailed. If the information is not in your inbox, please check your spam folder.